Keyboard layout in configuration panel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TheVCBK
    Participant

The UI when we use to add a game is so simple and amazing, really, great work guys! I only wish if there was a keyboard localization/layout selection under the DOS menu of configuration UI, for keyboard layouts like fr, cf, tr or so.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

thank you very much. I am not sure what you mean exactly. There are two things what you may need.

1. https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/KEYB
    Unfortunately, this is not extended to UI, but can be set in expert settings. Good way is setup game in UI and then on right side to Main Program is button what generates config to clipboard. Then you can replace expert settings with clipboard content and modify it.

2. Visual look for magic dosbox inbuilt keyboard. By default it has English layout. And only other supported look i russian. It is hardcoded, but in of next updates it will be rewritten and will support other looks.

Keyboard functionality is result of both points. Dosbox must be set to correct keyboard and visual look must support selected language.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I think TheVCBK is talking about no. 1, the keyb setting in dosbox.conf.

Now, I understand that the UI isn’t meant to include every single config option. But come to think of it: would it be possible to simplify the export-to-clipboard-then-paste-to-expert-settings workaround?

Like, adding a button “Copy config to Expert settings”, that will automate this process? Of course, that would also require an “Are you sure?” yes/no confirmation dialogue, to avoid accidental deletion of user tweaks in Expert settings. ?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Ales, yes this is great idea, I can implement it next week 🙂 Thanks

Edit : And various new options will be added in one of next updates to game profile, will be added “advanced” option to “Simple” and “Expert” options.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Sounds great!! ??

TheVCBK
    Participant

I also thought of this but forgot to write, it would be great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.