I can´t make Alone in the Dark 1 work with magic dosbox

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hansdracow
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I hope you can help me with this game issue and get to play the game at last. I am trying to make Alone in the Dark 1 work on magic dosbox but I am not able to get it. However I have Alone in the Dark 2 and 3 running fine and without problems. First all, I would like to say I will love to get the floppy version with the midi scary music but after days looking for it on internet I think it is impossible nowadays (for me at least). So I have a CD version right now. I make the settings for the game as the same way as the other two but I cannot get it work. I get an eternal black screen, and I have to close magic dosbox to try new settings. I looks like the game reach the cd image cause I am not getting an error message as I get if I disable the CD option. So please anyone can help me? Any ideas? Someone who has made the game work can give me a hand or, even better, could send me a working version of this game, or a link?

I appreciate any help! Thanks for your time and excuse my english buy I’m spanish! 😀

Kind regards,

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

thank you for posting question. First, I must say, we like to help, but we do not like to support pirated games from many reasons, include that these versions are many times broken.

I am sure, gog version works, if 2 and 3rd part work then you probably know how to setup first part and may be broken, maybe during transfer from pc to android device. Is necessary press “safely remove device” from pc. You can try normal core and svn core, maybe there will be difference. Maybe is cd in bad format, supported are iso, bin and cue. But I saw broken bin/cue formats. Another reason can be that sound card is not correct, you must run first game’s setup program. Do you have gog version?

hansdracow
    Participant

Hello!

Thanks for your reply!

I recognize I have a pirate version of this game however, if you tell me that gog version works, this is enought for me. I have purchased Alone in the dark trilogy in gog, and I will try to make it works. I will tell you! Thanks.

hansdracow
    Participant

Hello again,

So…nope. I don’t know whats the problem but I cannot make the game works. I have a GPD XD PLUS. Any idea or config file for the GOG version of the game? Thank you!

Kind regards!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Any error message? The game works out of the box for me, without any tweaks. ?

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm, what is your android version? Did you place game on internal storage or sdcard? And do you have custom rom? I purchased this game, will try it, but I am sure it works

The other games which works..can you save game correctly?

hansdracow
    Participant

Hello all and thanks for your replies!

There is no error message, just a black screen. It is pretty weird. The android version is 7.0, and the game is placed in sdcard. If you mean if a I have and custom android rom, I don’t really know. It is a chinese machine, GPD XD PLUS so it could be possible. I have rename the GOG extension for BIN and the INST one for CUE, it that way they would be recognized for dosbox isn’t it? By the way, the steps I followed were:
    – Download and install the game.
    – Copy the game folder to the sdcard.
    – Rename GOG for ISO and INST for CUE.
    – Make a new profile adding cdrom letter D: and pointing the ISO file.
    – Adding INDARK.EXE for executable file and INSTALL.EXE for setup.
    – CPU normal and cycles: custom to set 10000 in game.

And… I think that’s all… I don’t have any new ideas XD

admin
    Keymaster

I just did it and it works. I installed alone on windows, then renamed”Alone in the dark” to “Alone1”. Then I copid it to internal storage. In my case i put it in : /storage/emulated/0/Games/Dos

In Magic dosbox create new profile, enable expert settings. Copy paste this config and fix paths, it works. Be sure to have game files on internal storage, unless you are sure that sdcard has write access. You can grant full permissions in global settings, but first really try internal storage not sdcard:

[dosbox]
    memsize=16
    #vmemsize=2
    #vmemsizekb=0
    machine=svga_s3

[render]
    aspect=true
    frameskip=2

[cpu]
    core=dynamic
    cputype=auto
    cycles=max 105%
    cycleup=500
    cycledown=500

[speaker]
    pcspeaker=false
    pcrate=8000
    tandy=off
    tandyrate=22050
    disney=false

[midi]
    mpu401=none

[gus]
    gus=false

[sblaster]
    sbtype=sb16
    mixer=true
    oplmode=auto
    oplemu=fast
    oplrate=16000

[mixer]
    nosound=false
    prebuffer=15
    rate=16000
    blocksize=512

[ipx]
    ipx=false

[serial]
    serial1=disabled
    serial2=disabled
    serial3=disabled
    serial4=disabled

[dos]
    xms=true
    ems=true
    umb=true

[joystick]
    joysticktype=none

[autoexec]
    mount c: “/storage/emulated/0/Games/dos/”
    imgmount D: “/storage/emulated/0/Games/dos/Alone1/GAME.INST” -t iso
    c:
    cd Alone1
    cd INDARK
    INDARK.EXE

admin
    Keymaster

Small hint, if you dont use svn core then must be aspect=true in config, svn core fixed it meanwhile

hansdracow
    Participant

Hi again!

Thank you very much for the help! I have found the stupid issue. I mounted the GOG file instead the INST file. I think this does not affect to the other two titles but yes in the first one!

Thanks!

Playing!

Kind regards!

admin
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.