How to play Z?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    duke3d.exe
    Participant

I would like to play Z, the old game by Bitmap Brothers, original dos verion. I have tried to do it but it asks for level01.dat, im confused. I mounted it on the dir of the game, the file is there. Any tips?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Are you running the game from your sd card? If so, have you requested full r/w access for Magic Dosbox (in General setings)?
    The same error (missing file) happens when you try to run Wing Commander without r/w permissions.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

The game is on the Downloads folder from the memory phone.

The specific error is:

“Critical File Missing: level01.map
    Please Ensure CD is in drive, and door is closed”

So looks like I need the iso file? I don’t have it. I have the folder. On the magic dosbox instructions it mentions a way to add a folder as if it was a CD but I dont know how to do that.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Should be pretty straightorward: either by ticking the checkbox in the Magic Dosbox game profile, or, if you’re using expert settings, with the -cdrom command (e.g.:
    mount d /storage/emulated/0/YourCdromFolder -t cdrom)

duke3d.exe
    Participant

I tried:
    mount d /storage/emulated/0/Download/Z -t cdrom
    It mounted succesfully but I still get the same error.

What checkbox are you talking about?

Al ex
    Keymaster

In the profile’s gui options. But as you’re obviously using expert settings, those are disabled anyway.

My best guess at this point would be a reinstall of the game from that virtual cdrom drive.
    If the copy you’re using is, let’s say, from a questionable source, it might just as well be plain broken, though.

admin
    Keymaster

This sounds weird, do you have full version or something from “abandon” website?

Btw, z was ported to android like official distrubution

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.