Hide Android mouse cursor

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi, it works on androi 8 and higher if you press mouse wheel or with action of “special widget”, but this is how it works in magic dosbox, i don’t how it works in uae4arm…

Al ex
    Keymaster

Haha, my bad. I thought you were referring to screen borders. This topic is confusing me. ?
    Anyway, Uae4arm is a whole different thing, and no Dosbox specific feature will work on it.

Lyric
    Participant

I just wish there was a feature in settings were i could just turn off the mouse curser on android.. cuz what im trying to do is disable the black android mouse curser so i can play android games with a mouse like fps games..

Al ex
    Keymaster

I know it’s annoying. Unfortunately, this has to he coded into the app, there’s no way to globally hide the mouse cursor. And it wouldn’t make sense, either, at least for the majority of Android apps. If you hide the cursor for the external mouse, you won’t see where you’re clicking (unless you’re running an emulator, but that’s probably 0,0001% of all users ?).

If you’re rooted, you can try to find the mouse cursor image in your system files, and replace it with an empty image. But that could brick your phone, and cause all sorts of issues. ?‍♂️

lion2
    Participant

It looks like Android has added the ability for an app to capture the mouse with the method requestPointerCapture .

https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/05/18/android-o-feature-spotlight-apps-can-finally-capture-mouse-pointer/

Any possibility of adding this? Playing games that use the mouse pretty much makes MagicDosBox unplayable for me.

Al ex
    Keymaster

This has already been implemented a while ago. All you have to do is use the scroll button of your mouse, and scroll down. In Android 8+, this will capture and hide the mouse cursor. ?

lion2
    Participant

FACEPALM!! Just tried it and it works. Thanks!

However, it doesn’t work on my Chromebook, but it’s Android is based on 7.1.1 before the mouse capture method.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, no problem! ? Not your fault, this thread is utterly confusing. The UAE4arm thing was even completely unrelated to Dosbox in general.
    Glad it’s working. ? And yes, the Chromebook issue is OS related. You need Oreo or above for full mouse support.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.