help about fallout 1 patches

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sandz
    Participant

ive been trying to patch fallout 1 but i realized only 1.2 have the dox exe. google search told me that patches and mods beyond this are for windows version of fallout 1(falloutw.exe, when i run this on magicdos is says its an win NT exec). this include patch 1.35 which is needed for npcmod.

how do i install the windows version on magicdos. if i have to follow the win95 tuts then, its hopeless cause i dont have a pc.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Should also be possible in MagicDosbox. You need an iso of your own Win95 copy of course, or at least your Win95 serial key. Apart from that, I think it should be possible to install Win95 exactly as in Dosbox on a Windows PC. Sources (=compatibility) are pretty much identical.

sandz
    Participant

how exactly do i do that?

admin
    Keymaster

It is not tutorial on few lines 🙁 If you want make it on android then pick limbo pc emulator, should work better.

sandz
    Participant

hello admin.. ive been trying. also have limbo but i think that was much harder, cause i dont know the exact setup. when i put my win95 iso as storage + boot from cd its always could not read from cd( any kind of combination i could think of)…

the closest i got is from magicdos with simple mount c “sdcard……” and using imgmount on my iso. but it would only work with setup /is.

it got up to 100% of copying file but when it ask to restart an error would occur. looking at my sdcard it created about 125mb files but they cleary look not finished with folder names like “program~”.

admin
    Keymaster

No, it cannot work this way. Installing win95 is complicated. At beginning you need HDD image. Then win95 bootable cd. In limbo you mount hdd and cd. Then you install win95 to this hdd.

This video is for old limbo, but may help you

Al ex
    Keymaster

You can use these hdd images. I’ve also included the config options for the different hdd sizes.

sandz
    Participant

how do i use xcopy in magic dos it says invalid. i tried to boot a 622.img but i also need to mount 2 drives one is an .img while the other is a normal folder on my sdcard. it wont work as cdrom.

sandz
    Participant

nvm i got it all working now!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Great! Hope your phone can run it good enough for the gameplay to be enjoyable. ?
    I found that Win95 is running better in Magic Dosbox than it did on my real pc back then. It does crash and freeze occasionally (rarely), but not as badly as it did 25 years ago. ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.