Flash a message (Toast)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Miker
    Participant

Is there a way to pop a message kind of like Androids Toast?

I searched around and couldn’t find anything.

I was going to use GP and got it working in game but when I start DOS the text is there.

And unfortunately it seems my goto is layers. Can anyone think of a way without more layers.

Thanks

admin
    Keymaster

I think no, I don’t remember work on something like this. The only way is implementation. Some deadly strike actions are cross thread and toast must be fired on main thread, but it should not be big problem.

Why do you need it?

Miker
    Participant

Well there are certain things in this game, like assigning all keys to do certain things, so basically I’m putting that to the touchscreen mouse.. and wanted to flash the message it’s in mouse mode..

But I kinda of got it, I just started the widget that flashes it to activate on start.. not clean but it works.

admin
    Keymaster

I have several ideas for that, i wanted make it in the past, but i was lazy. I can return there when i get out of the pile made from storage restrictions mess.

Miker
    Participant

lol, ya heard a lot if issues with android 11+

Miker
    Participant

Well since you haven’t done nothing with it yet I have an idea in Daggerfall to run you have to hold in the R button so naturally the R is a toggle, I’d like to be able to blink the text in the widget to show that the R button is activated. But might be a little too in depth, but it’s an idea.

admin
    Keymaster

I think yes, it is possible. Needs some thinking, but it can be done

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.