Finetuning movements Rise of the Triad

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mentalbass
    Participant

Dear reader,

My favorite game Rise of the Triad runs nicely on Magic Dosbox. I used images form a doom overlay to put in movement buttons in ROTT. First of, works fine 🙂
    But now i want a more finer controlset in Rott. Sort of “Mouslike” aim ans shooting part at right of the screen, and a Forward/Backward + Strafe left right Jotstick movement left.
    Now i have a normal “master of puppet”left and shooting button right.
    See picture for details.
    ROTT Movement
    (If the image doesn’t show up, open the link in new window)

Can someone help or explain how to do this, so for I did’t manage to pull this off.
    Thanks for your help.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, you can check duke3d layout, maybr it can help

mentalbass
    Participant

Hey great ?

First I need to say I’m a noob. So downloading this zip file gives me questions like: wheres the mpc file? If I unpack the zip it showes me a directory and files. No mpc, what to do?
    Second can I just implement this layout over rottggame? And then tweak it?

Thanks for the advice

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

In main menu is ‘+’ and there you can import mgc file. But free version cannot do it. After import you can freely modify it for other game.

Best regards

mentalbass
    Participant

Thanks,

I used your overlay in ROTT.
    One question about aiming.
    You have your movement left (back, forth and strafe). How do you get a movement right so you can aim and shoot?

When I touch the screen it already aims but it’s not fast enough to turn left or right.

So goal is to have your duke movement left and an aiming pad(simple left/right pad) on the rightside right to shoot. How do I do this?
    I’ve read something over a mouse look left/right?

Many thanks again for the help.

admin
    Keymaster

I can look at this, but it takes me one two days, i am now off

mentalbass
    Participant

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !
    If you will do THAT 🙂

Thanks

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I tested it with duke layout and I dont have problems. In triad options I set mouse sensitivity to maximum, and in magic dosbox’ mouse options I set sensitivity to 400. Now you can aim with mouse well. Left joystick uses keyboard kes for strafe to sides and forward/backward. Aim with mouse.

The only thing, tweak, what I recommend is to place special widget configured to “block y mouse coordinate”. It toggles mouse movement forward/backward, what can be unwanted by aiming.

mentalbass
    Participant

Great !
    Could you give me the tweaked mpc file?
    It’s not that I’m lazy (sort of) but half the configuration is unclear to me.
    Thanks for your advice.

admin
    Keymaster

In game press back button of your device, this opens general settings window. Here open mouse settings, scroll to bottom and set mouse sensitivity. Confirm

Open again general settings, press add virtual button, long press on free space on the screen. Add special widget. Tap twice on this virtual button and in settings set block Y coordinate. Confirm.

Go last time to general settings and on left bottom side press save button

Hope it helps

mentalbass
    Participant

Thanks!
    I’ve managed to create working movement and game controls 🙂

One thing:

How do I create a button that shoots when pressed (button for ‘space’key) and sametime aims left right?
    Now I look around and press a separate one to shoot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.