fallout1 jerky mouse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sandz
    Participant

hello im new to the app. ive installed fallout v1.2 but the mouse is kinda of jerky, it feels like it freeze in place for 0.1sec when im moving it, my device is not high end 1.3quadcore, is this performance issue or game bug??

Al ex
    Keymaster

Probably a performance thing. What happens when you run e.g. Monkey Island, or another non-demanding game? At, say, 3000 cycles or so.
    Daggerfall needed a good 486 back in the day, and that requires some powerful emulation. My old Note 4 struggles with Daggerfall, too, and it has a 2.7 GHz cpu. A Snapdragon 805, which is utter crap at emulation, but still.

To get an idea of your device’s performance, you can run this Magic Dosbox benchmark:

Benchmark

sandz
    Participant

ive run benchmark and and its 2000 and 3000. i didnt expect fallout1 to be demanding,

ive played with the settings and turning off music option seems to remove mouse stutter, but that also turn off cut scene and movie sound, which sucks.

and the other game im playing is daggerfall, which fps struggles inside taverns for some reason but is fine outside even in large cities like daggerfall.

Al ex
    Keymaster

It requires a Pentium cpu, so that’s very demanding for a DOS game. 3000 realtics is in fact too low, 2000 may just barely be enough. May I ask what exact phone model and cpu you’ve got?

sandz
    Participant

its acerz530, im not sure but i think its an mt6735 soc.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yeah, should be this one: https://www.gsmarena.com/acer_liquid_z530-7526.php

I managed to squeeze some 1800 realtics out of my Note 2’s 1.6 GHz Exynos chipset a couple of years ago, which should be just barely enough. What you can try is activate performance governor. You need to be rooted for that, though, which will void your warranty, and is potentially dangerous. Maybe if you can get somewhere round 2000 realitcs stable, you might be able to play the game.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.