Fallout 2 help

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

Well basically, you already gave the answer to your question. All you have to do is put the correct mountings under the [autoexec] section. I think if you open the dosbox.conf from Dosbox Turbo, then copy & paste the lines from there, it should already work.

more
    Participant

It works!!! Hahaa, I can’t believe I finally made it to work. BIG thanks to all of you for your help.
    I let it run just for a while, but the performance seems reasonably good, certainly better than on Dosbox Turbo. I will try various settings to see if it can get even better.

Now I have to figure out only one more thing – the controls in the game. I would love somehow to import the layout with the green buttons on both sides of the screen from the mgc file (https://magicbox.imejl.sk/forums/topic/fallout-1-2/), but since the experimental version is free version, it won’t let me import the profile just like that. On the other hand my full Magic dosbox version can import that profile, but it will not let me play the game.

So can you please help me one last time ?: How can I import that Fallout buttons layout to that experimental free version ? If its not possible I will have to learn how to create those buttons and widgets myself. Thank you anyway.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I don’t think the memory patch feature will be implemented into the paid version. It’s unstable, and there’s a risk of breaking other games (DOS games in particular). But you might be able to create the layout from scratch, unless there are more advanced widgets in it that are exclusive to the paid version. A bit tedious, but it’s your best bet. ?โ€โ™‚๏ธ

more
    Participant

OK, I have done the layout myself, it was actually pretty easy, I just had to check which keyboard buttons do I have to assign to the virtual buttons. So thats all from me, thanks again and keep up the good work.
    Diki moc chlapi, ste borci ๐Ÿ™‚

Al ex
    Keymaster

Glad it’s working for you, have fun!
    You know, for me at least, creating layouts is sometimes even more fun than playing the game itself. ? And it really helps to understand how the layout system is working. The more you dig into it, the more complex things you can do.

admin
    Keymaster

You are welcome ๐Ÿ˜‰

Vฤaka ๐Ÿ™‚

Dakkon
    Participant

Hello all, first thank you for this thread, great help and I also got Fallout 2 to work (flawless on Note9 snapdragon) with win98 and RolandDeschain79 config file.
    I have a kind request to “admin”, please add the 386MB RAM cap patch to the paid version, I would like the full app benefits with this version of Fallout2.

Facko
    Participant

I have a kind request to โ€œadminโ€, please add the 386MB RAM cap patch to the paid version, I would like the full app benefits with this version of Fallout2.

I can’t second this enough. Been using the free version to run a few games. Would be great to see in the full version as well.

Best app i’ve ever bought tho. Ty for all the hard work. I’d buy it again or donate (budget permitting) if I could.

vtlinh
    Participant

You can play Fallout 2 (RP) on the paid version (64mb ram) too, just use virtual memory to increase your ram (I used 256mb of hard drive space on my hdd that has fallout2). Though a native support is always preferred!

I tested, it worked. I was able to load my save from the free version (256mb ram) and play for 5min. I didn’t see any noticeable differences between the two, but I didn’t properly timed the load times so maybe there are some.

I followed the guide for dosbox turbo and have killap’s RP installed (the one in the tutorial, not from his website).

PS: I like making my own layouts too, I added things like quick save & load, rest, full access to skilldex (and use it to set amount during bartering), mouse navigation shortcuts for barter (more useful in Fallout 1) and take all.

Screenshots:
    Screenshot-20200317-202736-bruenor-magicbox
    Screenshot-20200317-202835-bruenor-magicbox
    Screenshot-20200317-202859-bruenor-magicbox
    Screenshot-20200317-203357-bruenor-magicbox

https://youtu.be/baSy4_mcMSw

infectedOXY
    Participant

Hey if this post is even active can someone possibly help me out with the installation of fallout 2 on my android I got the game and all files are on my phone I’m having trouble with win95 is there a way to just skip win95 all together and install like I did Fallout 1?

admin
    Keymaster

No, you need windows 95, Fallout 2 cant run in dos, it needs windows.

infectedOXY
    Participant

Cool no worries can I install windows on android without using my computer? I remember being able to launch fallout 2 from the QEMU emulator or whatever all I needed were the fallout 2 files but I forget how to it’s been a while

infectedOXY
    Participant

Update for the last post I was able to download Exagear via a 3rd party website along with LuckyPatcher and was able to install and get the app running and just downloaded all fallout 2 files and moved them to the “Exagear” folder it had created in my android’s directory the app immediately noticed the .exe files and was able to boot no install of fallout 2 nessicary in the x86 emulation runs fine and is definitely playable just the controls are odd and speaking of that you use the luckypatcher app to bypass the inapp purchases of the controls allowing you to use them FOREVER but I will use magic for my other dos games but this win 95 has been a pain……….

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, this is easier. You can try limbo pc emulator. Try video in this post

help about fallout 1 patches

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.