Error When Trying to Run QFG 1 VGA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    philthethrill
    Participant

Hi.

I just downloaded the Magic DosBox Free on my Chromebook after reading the reviews on the Google Play Store. I tried using it to play Quest For Glory 1 VGA that I bought from GOG, but it didn’t work. I added the program file which I assume is Scidhuv.exe and the install file which I assume is install.exe. When I tried to start the game I got error messages on the DosBox screen. I attached a screenshot. Error when trying to run Quest For Glory I VGA from GOG on Chromebook

philthethrill
    Participant

I tried to insert a screenshot that I had uploaded to Flickr but it won’t show up. If you have any suggestions on what image hosting website works best, please let me know. The error message said C:\download>cd Dos_Games directory name is longer than 0 characters and/or contains spaces. Try cd DOS_Ga~1

C:\Download>cd Quest for Glory (VGA) directoryname is longer than 8 characters and/or contains spaces. Try cd Quest~1

C:\Download>SCIDHUV.exe
    Illegal command SCIDHUV.exe

I don’t know how to make changes to the game configuration. I don’t see an option for it. I don’t have money to donate so I can add more games and try again. I live with my parents and have no income.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try mediafire, but I am nor too experienced in this way. You can place there direct link to image, will not show like a preview but I can download it

For directory. MS-DOS supported 8 characters in folder name at maximum. You have two choices, mount Dos_Games like a c: or stay with Downloads, but change Dos_Games to DosGames name with 8 characters

philthethrill
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I changed Dos_Games to DosGames and it worked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.