Elite 2 & 3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mastore
    Participant

Hey guys, would anyone happen to have .mgc files for these two games? I’ll make some myself at some point, but if anyone has already made some, that would be excellent! ?

Al ex
    Keymaster

If there’s nothing in the .mgc section, you’re probably out of luck. I started working on a profile a long time ago, but I gave up quickly, never being a big Elite fan myself.

Threin Fhir
    Participant

I’m working on one for both. I’m almost satisfied with Elite 2. 3 is a bit more challenging.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Very nice! ??

Threin Fhir
    Participant

Ok, here we go. I made this for a phone (Pixel 2), so if it works on anything larger let me know. I’m curious.

Intro

Clean
    This is totally clean. The game starts with everything hidden. I like to enjoy the wonderful intro for this game. 🙂

Controls
    If you swipe up it will bring up the onscreen controls. It’s essentially all the function buttons. They will change to whatever function they serve, like navigation and market buttons. Depends on what screen you are on.

Flight
    Swiping left will bring up the flight controls. It’s just a joystick, throttle buttons, and a jump button. The throttle also serve as zoom controls when double tapped, and double tapping the jump button will force a miss-jump. Double tapping with the mouse on the main view will right click for more precise maneuvering.

Weapons
    Swipe down to show the weapon buttons. They’re pretty self explanatory. You have to double tap the eject for it to trigger. The missile/bomb button is single and double tap for they’re respective function.

Navigation
    Swipe right to bring up the Navigation and time controls. This will overlay the joystick, so you can rotate your view when on external view. It’s pretty self explanatory. The time will bring up the time acceleration menu. If you use the pause twice it will bring up the in-game menu. Mouse nav will swap absolute and relative.

Full Flight
    This is what it looks like when in full flight mode.

Overlay
    This shows how the navigation control will overlay the joystick.

MGC Download

Al ex
    Keymaster

Wow, very nice! Looks like you put a lot of work into this one, thanks for sharing. ??

Mastore
    Participant

Great, thanks for sharing! I’ll look forward to testing it! ?

jimmylips75
    Participant

Hey does anyone know how to get Frontier Elite First Encounters to run in magic dosbox? I have been unable to figure it out. So far I have Elite, Frontier Elite 2, Wing Commander Privateer, and Battlecruiser 3000ad running with no problems. I would love to add Frontier Elite First Encounters to that. Any info would be much appreciated and welcomed.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Elite First Encounters runs without any issues in Magic Dosbox. What exactly isn’t working for you?

jimmylips75
    Participant

I can get the title screen to play and it repeats once then crashes every time. Im not sure what I’m doing wrong. Thank you for the reply

Al ex
    Keymaster

Any kind of error message? Maybe you have to reconfigure sound settings?

jimmylips75
    Participant

I doubled checked the sound setup. My setup for the Digital Device is Sound Blaster 16 Port 220 DMA IRQ and the MIDI Device is Sound Blaster 16 MIDI Port 388. When i select Test Digital and Test Midi i hear sound during both Tests. I press OK and the next screen is where I press Y or N. When I press Y the games title screen starts and if I don’t touch the screen the title video sequence continues all the way through to the end and then repeats. As soon as I touch the screen the title screen starts from its beginning and then crashes and kicks me out of MagicDosbox completely. The game version im using is the shareware version and the device im using is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus with a Snapdragon processor.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Something special in your settings? I think this game need dynamic core to work properly. Also, you could turn SVN core on/off. THe newer SVN version has more features (like save states), but also some incompatiblities.

jimmylips75
    Participant

Turning off the SVN core worked. I was completely overlooking that. I feel like i tried to to start a car for days and didn’t have any gas in it. The simplest things first. Thank you for taking the time and helping me figure it out. One more game added to my space collection.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Np, you’re welcome. ??
    In 99% of all cases, it’s just some minor, simple tweak (and thank god it’s that easy). As I mentioned, SVN core is necessary to utilize some experimental features, but because it’s unstable, the official Dosbox was left in the code, and is still the default.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.