Dukes caribbean runtime error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    The Game Foxx
    Participant

Me again, the duke enthusiast. I managed to figure out how to install addons via the dos promt, and got duke it out in DC working perfectly. i am however having an issue with dukes caribbean. i go to load the game and i get an error. Specifically i get Runtime error 003 at 0000:0C88

Does anyone have any idea what this means? Or any idea how to get it working properly?

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Ok so i attempted to run the game via svn core, i read that may help, and now i get a different runtime error. 002 at 0000:0060. i have no idea what runtime errors mean, anyone here who does?

Larrynho
    Participant

There is a thread in VOGONS… I think that addon might not work.

http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=20879

It seems that the game tries to create new files and dosbox is not allowing it.

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks Larrynho for link, there is written that svn should fix this error.

Try turn on “svn core” in game profile, hope it helps

The Game Foxx
    Participant

I had tried using svn core, it gives me runtime error 002 at 0000:0060. What do runtime errors mean anyway?

admin
    Keymaster

This is error inside application

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Is there any way to get past it? Dos is a lot more confusing than i would have guessed.

admin
    Keymaster

I saw some patch in the vogons link, maybe it can help…

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Ill have to check that out later. Maybe the patch running in svn can do it? Ill post later with results

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Ok nevermind, the patch doesnt work…

admin
    Keymaster
    The Game Foxx
    Participant

1.5, i got it on gog before it was pulled

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Looks like that threatdis linking back to the vogon thread with the fix, ill have to tinker with it at my computer and see what happens.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Duke Caribbean is working for me. I’ve got a very old cdrom version, with a gamer.exe that installs the addon.

Don’t know if the Gog version does things differently, but if works in vanilla Dosbox on your PC, it must work in Magic Dosbox, too.

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Maybe atomic edition works diffently? I havent had a chance to try to install it on dosbox on pc, but ill see what happens when i get the chance later

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.