Duke Nukem 3D, Blood and Quake have framerate issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Player
    Participant

Duke Nukem 3D usually runs on a decent framerate but sometimes (especially at the beginning of episode 3) framrate takes a huge hit making the game unplayable. Blood and Quake however running TERRIBLE! Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 4.2.2 Kitkat how can I improve performance?

ManfredVonRicthofen
    Participant

Do u have filters (ie. 5xBR lw) running? When I run Duke 3D with filters on I see some fps hit… Weird thing is whether the filter is on or not to me I see no noticeable graphics improvement… So I turned mine off for max fps.

Larrynho
    Participant

Build engine games are quite demanding… blood and redneck rampage are the hardest games to run in dosbox ( non windows ) that Ive tested, and your device is quite low tier, so dont expect great on performance department :/

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, he can set sound blaster to sb2 and game resolution to 320×200 is is set higher

ManfredVonRicthofen
    Participant

Does sb2 use less cpu?

I get some minor cracking and pops in some games…. Anyway this is related to cpu?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Only on low end devices. The same goes for settings such as prebuffer and sample rate. Made a noticeable difference on my Note 4, whereas on S7 and S9, it doesn’t really matter.
    Also, sound issues will arise if you’re using a fixed cycles setting that’s overloading your cpu.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.