Donated version besides Google Store?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    benrock
    Participant

Is there a way to purchase the donated version from outside of Google Store? I’m from China and I cannot access Google store. Usually I can use a VPN to work around this, but recently, my VPN cannot be connected any more. I can pay with paypal.

I can also help with the translation from English into Chinese (simplified and traditional). I’m a veteran professional translator with CATTI certification. I notice some of the current Chinese translations are not clear.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

there is huawei appgallery store, since March. If this is a problem then write me an email, translation service is always welcome:)

benrock
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot find “Magic Dosbox” in Huawei Appgalary store. I have searched with keywords like “Magic Dosbox”, “magic dos box”, “dosbox”, “Dos Box”, but no luck. If it is still available on your Huawei AppGalary, maybe it has not been made available to the Chinese market.

I’ve tried to wishlist “Magic DosBox”, but was rejected, seems Huawei AppGalary wishlist function is not working. I have contacted Huawei helpdesk for the wishlist feature and magic dosbox availability. I’ll update if I receive Huawei support followups.

admin
    Keymaster

No problem, send me email, we can look at this

benrock
    Participant

I’ve received phone calls from Huawei service and the issue is being dealt with. It turns out the mainland China Huawei store is separated from the Huawei store overseas. And there is a bug in the wishlist feature that prevented me from wishlisting Magic Dosbox. I switched my location in my Huawei store setting and now Magicbox is there. So I have made a purchase for the paid version.

I cannot wishlist Magic Dosbox in the mainland China Huawei appstore for now, because I have switched my location and need to wait for a CD period before I can switch back to make the wishlist.

BTW, I don’t know your email, so I cannot send you email directly. 😀

admin
    Keymaster

My email is magicbox(dot)imejl.sk. 🙂

I must say, I like huawei gallery much more. And I can communicate with real people if I have a problem. Google Play’s support is non existent and they bring more and more stupid restrictions which must developers implement and if you fall into problems then you will not get help, you are sanctioned if you did something wrong (and you probably dont know what you did, and if you ask then answer is : read docs)

benrock
    Participant

I understand the (dot) should be replaced with @. 🙂 I’ll send you an email from hotmail.

That’s what we call 店大欺客 (literally means “Big stores may bully the customers”) in Chinese. 🙂 Google Play is now the dominator, and almost everyone have to submit their apps to Google Play. It is understandable, however, that Google allocates limited resource to support, since the support team can’t make profit directly, and capitalists always seek for more profits. We can have good communication with Huawei now, but this may not be guaranteed if Huawei Store grows too big in the future.

Aaron_Blain
    Participant

I have the opposite problem!

The new update on Google Play crashes on start for me, and since I live in the USA I can’t access the Huawei store for the more advanced version.

I’m a registered user. I’d also happily roll back to the previous version if there’s somewhere I can download it.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Have you tried clearing the app cache? Or, if that doesn’t work, also clear app data (or uninstall+reinstall)? Make sure to backup everything before you try that though, you never know what Android will decide to delete from your file system.
    God,i wish Google would stop to fix what ain’t broken. 🤬

Aaron_Blain
    Participant

Thanks!

Bruenor emailed me and helped me figure out that my device was marking some directories as inaccessible, but not others (even though they in fact were). I was allowed to point my configuration to a directory that is now forbidden, which caused a silent crash.

It works perfectly now!

Google is becoming more and more like Apple all the time. Just last night I was trying to use GDrive to transfer whole directories to my device, but uploading/downloading whole directories is forbidden on mobile, for my own good I guess?

I keep holding my breath for the Linux smartphone ecosystem to mature. One of these years . . .

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yeah, Linux would be my go-to OS. Just got my Steam Deck last week, and it’s amazing! Not suitable for casual smartphone users, but for serious PC gamers, it’s a revelation. 😀

Aaron_Blain
    Participant

I have been playing Exile: Escape from the Pit and the Halloween Harry sequel in Windows 3.1 on my Steam Deck, because that’s just the kind of person I am. The control it gives you over input bindings is amazing.

Which is also why I’m a happy MDB user! I love being able to customize my interface!

Android is really getting obnoxious. I appreciate all of Bruenor’s hard work.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, same. First thing I did when I got my Galaxy watch was install Magic Dosbox, and run Fate of Atlantis. Useless, but the tinkering was fun. 😉
    Magic Dosbox is pretty much the only emulator in the world that allows any game to be played properly on a touch screen. It’s hands down my favorite Android apps. 👍

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, same. First thing I did when I got my Galaxy watch was install Magic Dosbox, and run Fate of Atlantis. Useless, but the tinkering was fun. 😉
    Magic Dosbox is pretty much the only emulator in the world that allows any game to be played properly on a touch screen. It’s hands down my favorite Android app. 👍

magicbill
    Participant

Is there a way to purchase this directly and not through the google store? I do not use or have a google account – and don’t want one. I have been able to purchase some other apps that have the option (like EDS NG and Poweramp). One was paid through bitcoin and the other with a card – I’m not picky that way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.