Diablo (Win95)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

Version 1.0
    =========

*Edit* – only works with v1.0.30+ (created with beta version before official release).

2560×1440 (Galaxy Note 4 N910F):

Download

Info:
    – Absolute mouse
    – Two-finger tap for right mouse click
    – “Built-in” workaround for the nasty mouse issues in Win95: keys that invoke menus also trigger the “mouse reset” widget to re-align absolute mouse. Gets off course everytime you enter a menu. 😉
    – Swipe up/down for Arrow up/down (to scroll lists in shops)
    – Hold “Fight” key (sword) to stand and fight (=LShift)

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you Alex, this layout is perfect:)

This layout will work in version 1.0.30, because contains features from beta version

Al ex
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, mouse reset in deadly strike. Got used to it so quickly… 😉

admin
    Keymaster

😉 No problem;) The version 30 will go out soon.

infernoxzx
    Participant

Alex, Nice this layout.Thanks

Al ex
    Keymaster

You’re welcome, thanks!

xTMODx
    Participant

Thanks! I will use it on my Note 4 N910C 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

Glad you like it!

I see you have the N910C. Could you perhaps do me a favor and run the Doom shareware timedemo for me?
    It’s the most commonly used Doom benchmark (check out this database).

You can download it here, and run it inside Dosbox with the command “doom -timedemo demo3”. It’s important to use the demo3 addition.

I know that’s quite something to ask, but I’m not really satisfied with the Dosbox/NEON performance of my N910F’s Snapdragon chipset. It’s hardly faster than my Note 2 (Exynos), so I need some comparison scores before I decide if I’ll go for the Exynos or Snapdragon variant of the Note 6. 😉

Thanks in advance!

Larrynho
    Participant

How do this layout works for Diablo 2? Just got it working and Im thinking into test layouts…

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’ve made a short gameplay video. IIRC, it’s the same layout. Note that the video is choppier than the real thing. The game is running almost perfectly well on our S7 edge. 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

Make sure to edit the expert settings. I set it to 80.000 cycles max, but the S7 can handle up to ~130.000. I’d suggest you simply set cycles=max 120% (or 110% if you get sound skipping). The increased 120% limit (from 105% in “stock” Dosbox) has been introduced with the last update of Magic Dosbox, and gives a nice performance boost.

Larrynho
    Participant

Done, working like a charm ;D thanks for the tip.

edit: btw: I suscribed to your channel, nice videos 😀

Al ex
    Keymaster

Thanks, glad you like them. Initially, I was just testing out Samsung’s cool recording feature. Should make some more in the future. 😉

N00BIK
    Participant

how did you manage to calibrate the absolute mouse?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Trial and error. You’ll need to enter the ingame settings, then “Advanced Settings” -> “Manual Correction”, tick “Enabled”, and play with the correction values. In case of Diablo 2 (where I’m just using my Diable 2 layout), it’s easy: 640×480 (game resolution). In Windows 95, you’ll also have to enable “Block mouse move” and use “msmouse” correction in most cases.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.