diablo 2 bought from battlenet.com on magic dosbox

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    xaxa
    Participant

Hi everybody.
    thanks alex
    it works
    i can boot win98 and launch diablo ii

i have some other questions pending.

it run slow, can i increase the ram up to 64 of default?

i can launch the diablo ii version i downloaded from the youtube video in russian version but if i try to launch my diablo ii version an error occurs (impossible to launch without cd or something)

could i have the widget i saw in your video? i didn’t understand how to use it

thanks

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yeah, it’s running slow for me, too. Must be a Win98 thing. I’ll try the Win95 image, and see how to update the drivers properly.
    I’ve linked the profile further above, it’s the one I made for Diablo 1, you can also find it in the .mgc section. All you have to do is copy&paste your current mounting commands into this profile’s expert settings.

xaxa
    Participant

thanks you for your tests…
    i look forward to them 😀

i used your conf file yet, but they didn’t appears

xaxa
    Participant

another point…
    there is the 1.13d patch for diablo II, do it runs with win95?
    also is it possible to use the plugy mod?

xaxa
    Participant

Another way could be run a kite version of xp

Al ex
    Keymaster

Alright, something in general. Here’s a really cool site for anything Win95-on-Dosbox related:
    http://dosbox95.darktraveler.com/index.html
    Insanely good tutorials, complete driver downloads, it’s great.

Next, I played a bit with the Win95 image from the Roland Deschain xda thread. It’s working perfectly fine when I mount it on Windows Dosbox, it starts in 16 bit mode, and I can launch Diablo 2. In Magic Dosbox, it doesn’t recognize the drivers. No luck installing S3 drivers so far, either. But I’ll keep trying. 🙂

xaxa
    Participant

i already saw that site.
    i downloaded the drivers there

how about xp under dosbox? maybe a super lite version…
    it could solve a lot of problems

Al ex
    Keymaster

WinXP won’t work. It doesn’t even work on Windows Dosbox sadly.
    Maybe something can be done about svga_S3 emulation in MagicDosbox, but the issue may be related to Android. Sources are the same as Windows. ?

admin
    Keymaster

If you want try it amd find differences then best is to try linux dosbox, because android rise from linux. Mdosbox is modified, maybe you can try andosbox.

Al ex
    Keymaster

It’s not working in both Andosbox and Dosbox Turbo, so there’s probably something wrong with the initial Android Dosbox sources. And also with the image itself, because it is possible to make Win95 work on Android.
    I’ll keep trying…

infernoxzx
    Participant

Hi! “Windows XP” probably does not work for “DosBox” because of the “NTFS” file system (“DOS” does not support “NTFS”), hardware incompatibility (hardware)

xaxa
    Participant

hi everybody?

someone has news?

bye

xaxa
    Participant

could be possible to use xp on android via bochs or limbo? have they high performance?

Al ex
    Keymaster

No chance. The biggest problem is that there’s no Glide/Direct3D support, so anything has to be software emulated, and will run painfully slow. I think you can install and launch Windows XP in Bochs/Qemu, but only as a proof of concept. You won’t be able to actually play anything.

I’m checking on the Win95 install again.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Still no luck. It’s working on my PC, but I only get a black screen when I boot it on my phone. Safe Mode is working, though. ?
    Maybe this guide can help you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1688353

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.