Daggerfall?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    bkarsh
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone have a .mgc file for Daggerfall? I am trying to make one myself, but I haven’t found the perfect touch experience yet. I am trying to avoid external hardware.

Any tips, especially regarding optimization re: gameplay would be appreciated too.

I am running a Nexus 7 2013, 32gb — overclocked to aroun 1.8ghz

admin
    Keymaster

Daggerfall is one of most discussed game. I believe someone can really share the layout 🙂

bkarsh
    Participant

I hope so. I haven’t found one yet! If I end up with a good layout, I will post it.

admin
    Keymaster

maybe you will find something useful in upcoming version – you will be able use new gestures.

bkarsh
    Participant

Cool. I am pretty close to having something that works well for me. I’ll share it soon. I’m not an artist like some of the fans here — so it looks a little utilitarian… but it works. 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

I can paint specific images if necessary (but will have amateur look)

JoViatrix
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m working on the mgc file of daggerfall. So if I finish before, You Will download on my website : Download. If You finish before me, I Will add your mgc file to my downlad center 😉 (sorry for my Bad English)

admin
    Keymaster

i like your dragon icon 🙂

bkarsh
    Participant

Salut Jiovial — il n’ya pas de quoi! J’ai du mal avec le Francais moi-meme. 😉

bkarsh
    Participant

Here is my first draft of a daggerfall .mgc

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9e24CeA7GyUZ3NYU1VVN01zVjA/edit?usp=docslist_api

Some notes:

– Designed for Nexus 7 (2013)
    – Designed for screen size set at 86%, Aspect Mode
    – Movement widgets are meant for moving forward and backword, looking up and down.
    – For turning, I make use of Daggerfall’s on-screen mouse (by touching edges of screen to turn left or right. I find this way I don’t get conflicts with dpads and the on-screen mouse.
    – In the Daggerfall game settings (in-game), set the swing weapon mapping to M1 instead of M2 — this way, you don’t need to really use the right mouse button at all in the game (I didn’t map a widget for right-mouse btw).
    – In Daggerfall game settings (in-game), enable full-screen mode — this gives you more visual real estate, and the widgets replace any of the icons you’d see there anyway.

Lastly, feed free to modify/improve as you see fit. This is pretty basic and utilitarian. 🙂

Enjoy!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, I added bryan’s layout but modified for bethesda version which can be downloaded on their website for free.

Also I added screenshot from bryan’s layout. Nice isn’t?:)

Daggerfal

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tfkdz0r1z4u1au5/Daggerfall_byBryan.mgc

Hint

In advanced settings you can setup manual resolution for mouse to 320×200. This increases absolute mouse accuracy. But during installation absolute mouse does not work and this options must be disabled

bkarsh
    Participant

Cool — thank you sir!

JoViatrix
    Participant

good work

born2kill0821
    Participant

Any word if codes work for Daggerfall? I tried to rewrite the z.cfg file using CHEATMODE 1 and it tells me that I can’t play from the CD. Is this a dos issue or a patch problem?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, I really don’t know. But daggerfall can’t detect cd if you didn’t fill cd label correctly. In youtube section is how to install daggerfall correctly. Also this video contains how to set CD.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.