Daggerfall Revamped UI

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Miker
    Participant

NOTE:

I am using Magic Dosbox 1.0.85(beta), which with the new updates to the APK it will crash any earlier versions…

The Google Play Store does not allow this version to to the recent security changes, that pretty much crippled the application…

DEV is and has been working on getting it out….

Hi,

I’m not great on writing tuts, so I’m going to stick to some basic things.

Option Toggle – try to reduce screen clutter

Transmute – toggle between werewolf/human, May have to remap the target for the ring on inventory screen.

Attack-This is now set to toggle the left mouse button, there is a slight delay so try not to click attack and swipe to fast or you’ll move. And as I just did this you’ll want to not use the attack button to select things. Tap the screen.

Action-Operate Objects, Note if sneak or run or anything that uses a key toggle action will not work on bodies and treasures on the ground unless you deactivate whatever toggles is on.

FS Toggle – Full-screen toggle, this and character can restore lost widgets..

Pause – OH S$-t I slashed to fast and turned away from the target!

QLoad, Qsave, SFS, Quick Load, Quick Save and So Far Save (bottom right square), SFS is extremely time sensitive, so your best bet is to look at the ceiling. DO NOT depend on Qsave, if daggerfall has one of its save failures you’ll be stuck going back to an SFS save.

Show – toggle between DF UI and DOS like controls.

UP, Down – swim and levitate.

Mouse – Toggle relative and absolute.

The rest you can figure just by knowing the game.

Things like toggle will have to be double clicked after saves and other things as the game turns it off and MDB does not know that.

If you loose widgets, try full-screen, character or inventory to restore them..

Everywhere it was possible I used absolute mouse as to make it as much as touch as possible. it’ll toast on mouse toggle.

And be aware twice during fights on swiping to attack I’ve had every widget on the screen disappear, just a heads up, as of yet I have no clue why.

OH and the attack and bow toggle are Pixel trap dependant, Bows are the same, but swords aren’t, So you have to redo the PT for:

SwordAttackBtn-FS
    SwordAttackBtn St Daka

I have another one there for Dwarven swords. (Yellow)

If you need help just give a shout.

And let me know what you think. 🤔

Mike

Daggerfall UI

https://www.dropbox.com/s/549jtekpc4h585v/daggerfall_elder_scrolls.mgc?dl=0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14hIOI2Y_PGs5EbcRfFMOAJFAZyz9Giql/view?usp=drivesdk

kutox
    Participant

Very very late to the party here but how do I import your files to run with the game? I had it installed already but when I try install your settings it just crashes. Sorry if dumb question.

Miker
    Participant

Not sure I’ll check into it, I need to upload a screenshot of the key layout anyway as I had to change a few…

Mike

Miker
    Participant

Ok Ive been working on it, so this is the latest version. I’m using MDB 1.0.85.

I exported and imported it, and it worked fine, and I added the screenshot of the controls so you can change them.

If you import this and go to the controls, wait a couple seconds before touching anything as it’s delayed between absolute mouse and relative, to fast and you get a left click and locked into setting a key somewhere…

And finally I had to add an hide/show on the top right as evey now and again everything would blink out…. still haven’t figured why…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yzj10qWoBm6np-CIV77ESVh6qQz_Cr5G/view?usp=drivesdk

Mike

Miker
    Participant

I am using Magic Dosbox 1.0.85(beta), which with the new updates to the APK it will crash any earlier versions…

The Google Play Store does not allow this version to to the recent security changes, that pretty much crippled the application…

DEV is and has been working on getting it out….

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.