Daggerfall

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Miker
    Participant

Oh Wow! Well guess I’m redoing my Daggerfall setup AGAIN.

It never even dawned on me to use full screen…

lol

Miker
    Participant

I tried searching on this maybe my Google Foo is broke..

Since I couldn’t find an answer I just duplicated one of my setups and copied everything from the zip into the new directory.

Then I figured out how to create the .mgc file..

So figured it might be worth it to mention it’s a .zip file, so I’d assume you just change the extension to .mgc

OH and create the correct mounts and game location.

howto
    Participant

So this is my first time trying to get Daggerfall or anything to work with dosbox on mobile. I got the game running and a character created, but I want to have this UI up and running to actually play the game.

Is there a simple guide to get this profile installed? I went to import profile and it’s looking for a mgc file, but what i downloaded and unzipped doesn’t have a mgc file in it. I’m sure I’m missing something very simple but any help would be appreciated.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I just tried. For some obscure reason, the file is saved with a .mgc.zip extension, so you need to remove the .zip part with a file explorer. Then Magic Dosbox will be able to find it.

howto
    Participant

That fixed it! Thank you very much

Al ex
    Keymaster

Glad it’s working. I don’t know why that happened. 😅

admin
    Keymaster

Because browser is “too” intelligent, lol, this happens when something tries to be too smart

ZeroSkills
    Participant

Hey I’m having some problems when I open the game nothing but the controls show it just say “for more information read me” with a bunch of command code I don’t know how to fix it can someone please help me?
    It says invalid command “fall.exe”

ZeroSkills
    Participant

How btw it says illegal command code “fall.exe”

Al ex
    Keymaster

Seems to indicate that something’s wrong with your game installation in Dosbox. Daggerfall can be quite a pain in the ass to setup.
    There are detailed setup instructions on the official download page, and you need to follow them to the letter.

ZeroSkills
    Participant

Do you have a video link or something so I know how to do it? I look all over YouTube and most video require me to have a PC but I don’t have 1 (I don’t know if a PC is a requirement or not)

Miker
    Participant

You need to load dagger to run the game.

raccoon
    Participant

How do you import pre made layout files

Miker
    Participant

Make sure you rename the file from .zip to .mgc on the main MDB screen click the plus sign “+” and import profile.

Mike

Import profile

DeyKid123
    Participant

Can someone please give me a step to step on how to important your widgets. I’m very very new to this

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.