Daggerfall

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    JitaDesWadyas
    Participant

I updated the layout with more combat moves and other things, there is the link https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dfhohv8hjdjdsn/daggerfall.mgc/file

Al ex
    Keymaster

Thanks, I’ve linked your reply in my initial post.

Neil
    Participant

I’m having a problem with the swings. It flashes the cursor on the left and then the right, but doesn’t swing the sword. Any ideas? I’m on a Galaxy S9 plus.

Other than that this setup is amazing!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Let me check, I’m on S9+, too. But my guess is that the corresponding widget is simply a bit off.

Neil
    Participant

Thanks Alex. I’ve tried adding a delay between target actions, and also reimported the MGC file. I also tried making my own button, but nothing has worked.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Strange, I’ve launched the game on my S9+ (first time, I don’t play Daggerfall anymore), and I can’t even move. I created the layout on an S7 edge back, I wonder if something got messed up due to the 16:9 -> 18,5:9 screen ratio conversion? Will have to look into it. Or maybe I jsut have to reconfigure my Daggerfall installation. ?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hm, no. It’s working, no idea what I did. I guess it’s because I loaded an indoor savegame in the throneroom. I can’t draw my weapon there for sure, but movement is fine. Outdoors, I did a quick test, drew the weapon, and tried all three attack modes. All three are working for me.

Just to make sure, have you downloaded my profile from the first post, or the altered one above with JitaDesWadyas’ additions?

Neil
    Participant

Yours from the first post.

Here are some short videos of what happens when I touch the Swing, Chop and Thrust buttons-

Al ex
    Keymaster

Weird. Here’s how it’s supposed to work:

So you didn’t change anything at all in the profile settings except game path?

Neil
    Participant

Correct. I also tried re-importing your profile, as well as creating another button to attack and setting it up myself.

Last night I upgraded my S9 to Android 9.0…no difference…No matter what I try it only flashes the cursor…

Al ex
    Keymaster

This is driving me nuts… I hate when computers don’t act as they should. ??

Are you using a default Daggerfall installation? The download from the Bethesda homepage, with no additional configuration?

Neil
    Participant

I figured it out! I had to go into the Daggerfall menu for controls, and turn up the sensitivity for the mouse. Sometimes the simplest things get you….

Thanks for helping!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Holy crap, that’s great to hear! Have fun! ??

Vokuar
    Participant

Is this also able to be used in arena if modified or will I need to make a new config just wondering as I’m new to this

Al ex
    Keymaster

If the controls in Arena are the same, it should work. You can delete widgets that don’t work, or replace them, to adapt the control scheme.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.