Cpu cycle widget

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tuivel
    Participant

Hi!

Would it be possible to add a widget that can increase/decrease cpu cycles or set them to a certain amount.

M1 Tank Platoon for example runs well with about 2000 – 2500 cycles ingame but on the tactical map you have to go down to less than 1000 or it will run about 8 times to fast.

Manually switching is a pain, a widget that does this at the press of a button would be cool.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Not sure if that will work, but you can try this in expert settings:

cycles=2500
    cycleup=1500
    cycledown=1500

And then create two widgets, one [Ctrl]+[F11] and one [Ctrl]+[F12]. Will have to try it out myself, but if it works, you’d start with 2500 cycles, and could swap down/up 1500 with these two widgets.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, this is implemented. In game profile set performance to “custom” then inside game tune cycles with power/cycles options (menu in general settings)

Tuivel
    Participant

Thank you both for your replies! Going to menue for switching cycles all the time is very tedious. I would need ingame buttons to do that. A widget that can set cycles or cycle up/down and that can be placed like other buttons. That would be awesome.

Strg F11 etc. doesnt seem to work in dosboxmagic for changing cycles. Also for some reason my expert settings are ignored and the game starts with the usual settings even if i check the box next to expert commands. 🙁

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, if you need tune it this way, then you really need widget. I will think about it tomorrow, but next version will go out soon, i wont include it there, it must wait for v72

Are you sure that your expert settings are ignored? Because it always worked. To be sure, find appropriate profile folder in .MagicBox/Games/Data and in temp folder is generated dosbox config which is used for current profile session

Btw, do you need tune cycles manually if you set in expert setrings cycles=auto? It should adopt. Or maybe you can try cycles=max 50% or similar option, they are well described on dosbox official webpage

Tuivel
    Participant

A widget would be nice 🙂
    Auto wont work, it just runs way too fast.

Sorry i was wrong, the expert config is actually getting used. But values like cycles, frameskip etc. are not represented in general settings in expert mode it seems. They dont show or change the actual values anymore so i was confused. But dosbox commands in dos prompt show the real values currently used.

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm, and maybe you can try play with cputype, cycles and core together. Maybe :

cputype: 386
    core: normal
    cycles: auto

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.