Civilisation 2 starts in green

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    macjones
    Participant

Hello,

I made Civilization 2 work on my tablet, but unfortunately everything is green. On the PC the configuration is correct but for the tablet it does not seem to work. Does one of you have tips?

Thank you
    many Greetings
    Macjones

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hi, and welcome. I suggest you post in English, as this will greatly improve the chances of getting help by other users. Google Translate is doing a really good job, if you don’t speak English

Now, to the issue at hand: it shouldn’t be green of course. Have you maybe activated a filter? If you press the back button once the game has started, then go to “Filter”, does it say “mcgreen?” If so, change it back to “normal”. Please report back if it’s working, I’m sure we’ll get this sorted out.

(Hast du vielleicht einen Filter aktiviert? Wenn du die Zurück-Taste drückst, sobald das Spiel begonnen hat, dann gehe zu “Filter”, steht da “mcgreen?” Wenn ja, dann ändere das wieder auf “normal”. Bitte sag Bescheid, ob es funktioniert, wir kriegen das schon hin ?).

macjones
    Participant

ok, then in english …

I have not activated a filter, if I select one I can see the picture even better. I once added a Screeshot, I think so that you can see better what I mean.

Screenshot

Al ex
    Keymaster

Ouch. That actually looks like more like a Win3.11 / graphics driver issue to me. Other games are working fine in your Win3.11 build? Have you setup the profile with Expert settings (dosbox.conf), or simply by using the setup options?
    Also, you can try to check/uncheck SVN core in the profile options.

macjones
    Participant

Hi,

I dont have other Win3.11 games right now, so I do not know. I took over the configuration from the PC (expert attitude). What do you mean by SVN core? I have not found such a point in the config.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Mayve you can grab some SVGA demo game from here? https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_win3_showcase&tab=collection

The SVN core option is here:

macjones
    Participant

Hi,

the problem is with and without the SVN switch. Whereby, if I adjusted the config via the expert attitude, does he take the switch at all or does he ignore it?

Al ex
    Keymaster

The switch is always recognized, even if you’re using expert settings. If you haven’t done so already, can you copy the dosbox.conf content from your PC into the expert settings of Magic Dosbox (except the mountings under [autoexec])?

I’ll see if I can dig up anything about that colour issue.

macjones
    Participant

Hi,

I tried that first. Unfortunately, did not help. I will also experiment a bit this evening.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you please do one test? From google play download iDosbox, it still uses some funtions which were replaced in mdosbox due performance. Does it work fine or issues the same?

Al ex
    Keymaster

I did some testing with Civ2 myself, and it seems to be working fine. So there’s probably something wrong with either your Win3.11 installation, or the dosbox.conf entries in your expert settings.
    So, I’d suggest you create a new profile, and don’t change anything except the mounting commands.
    If that doesn’t work, try using a fresh Civ2 install, or even a clean Win3.11 installation.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.