Choppiness since update

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

Not sure, but maybe if you enable debugging in Global settings, something useful will pop up in the logs?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Alright, just got word from Tony (the mastermind behind Magic Dosbox). He’s not available atm, but he can send you an older version for testing. Can you tell which was the last working one for you? Or around which time it was last working well?
    There’s also the possiblity to implement fixed cpu affinity in a test build, but that’s experimental, and you’d be better off with a fix that can be applied to the official branch (for future updates).

admin
    Keymaster

Issue when android system puts dosbox thread on slower cpu is here long time, android does it with every thread, unless you block it. This management is related to android version and how manufacturers adopt it for their hardware. If there is big difference on your device then yes I can share with you older ndosbox binary, so you can check that problem is or is not related to your system update. Btw what is your device for?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Nokia 8 running Android 9 🙂

ManfredVonRicthofen
    Participant

I have an idea, give him the apk for the previous version of dosbox that did run successfully for him, and see if it runs fine… If it no longer runs like it did, then something fundamentally changed on his phone and its not magic dosbox.

On a unrelated note, I’m holding off on android pie update for my s8 plus… Everything is running perfectly and I’m afraid Pie update will break something.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yeah, I upgraded a while ago, but then realized that Xposed wasn’t available yet. So I went back to Oreo agaain, I wouldn’t want to miss out on all the great features and addons. 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Almost every android zero (minor) version is buggy. They fix it isually in .1 (9.1 in this case);)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.