Can’t save settings without interacting with a text dialogue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    magicusr
    Participant

My problem is that there’s not always the green tick button at the bottom of a settings window to save changes. Whenever I try and save a setting I’ve changed in a menu I have to first find a text dialogue box, alter it, then hit the back button on my phone, then a green tick button appears at the bottom of the window to press & save whatever other settings I changed.

This happens in every settings menu, so there are some settings I can’t change because there are no text dialogue boxes in settings windows like advanced settings. I change the setting I want to, but there’s no way to make the green tick button appear to save the changes.

Running on Android 12 on a Samsung galaxy s10+

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Android 12 has problem in themes. This bugs affects all applications, google released fix, but not all devices get it. Can you join beta testing on google play for free version? There is beta with workaround which fixes it. Please let me know.

magicusr
    Participant

I changed to the beta in the paid app, as well as changing to the beta & re-downloaded the free version, but the button is still missing unfortunately. I had an Android os update pending, so I did that too but still no good.

Is it a specific beta version? I couldn’t see a way to choose between version numbers if so.

I just ended up changing the config files manually. Thanks for getting back to me though.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, the fix is specific to lite version, you must update to v85. You can check it in in-app manual changelog.

Btw, If you do not see confirm button, do not worry, tap on the place where it should be. It is there, only is invisible 🙂 That’s the bug in android theme. And orientation change should make re-appear the button too.

Paid version has not yet beta. But this week I will try release full version for limit count of users. I don’t want to release it for all, because goes out the biggest change over all history of mdosbox – SAF.

Or if you want, ping me on email I can share you beta for full version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.