Cannot start base shadow warrior

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GrilledCheeseStick
    Participant

Ive setup shadow warrior using the gog version and ive set the exe to sw but evertime i start the game it starts wanton destruction. Twin dragon works fine and wanton.exe works fine but for some reason the sw.exe starts wanton destruction.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but it’s working fine for me. ?
    So I guess it’s either a configuration error in your profile, or something’s wron with your game files. Maybe check sw.exe and wanton.exe to see if they’re identical? Maybe due to some weird copying process, wanton.exe was copied to sw.exe (that’s far fetched, I know, but it doesn’t hurt to check).

GrilledCheeseStick
    Participant

Are you also using the gog version?

Edit: Ignore this

GrilledCheeseStick
    Participant

I got it working, I just had to copy the sw.exe again and now it works. Thanks for the help

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yes, I just found that once you’ve run wanton.exe for the first time, sw.exe will also only launch Wanton Destruction. Pretty weird, but good thing it’s working now. ??

GrilledCheeseStick
    Participant

I just tested wanton and the original now only plays wanton. I guess I’ll need to make a separate copy of shadow warrior to play the original.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Some games are really weird. Can you access the standard Shadow Warrior content through Wanton Destruction maybe? So that this is some kind of feature, because you don’t need sw.exe? Otherwise, the game designers have just messed it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GrilledCheeseStick
    Participant

I didnt see a way to play sw through wanton and when I took out sw.exe for the wanton sw folder it wouldn’t start. It doesn’t really matter now though I now just have 2 separate folders of shadow warrior, one for the base game and one for wanton.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.