Cannot save game in syndicate?

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Al ex.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dredknight
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Bumped in Magic dosbox by chance and decided to try it out. I downloaded Syndicate and set it in /games/synd folder.
    Magic dosbox has full access to whole storage and I can run the game.

What I tried is go to save game, choose a save slot, set name and save the game which place me back in the main menu. I go back to load/save and the save game is nowhere to be found.

I have been troubleshooting for a day now but I seem to not find a solution. I do I do something wrong?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hi, and welcome! 🍻
    I just tried with my own copy of the game, and I can save/load just fine. If you’re running your game from a folder on your SD card (like I do), you’ll probably have to use the “Public storage” option. Google really f***ed up file access in their latest OS versions. 😐
    Also, make sure your game files aren’t set to read-only.

dredknight
    Participant

Thank you Alex!

I think it is an issue with the game itself. I found a troubleshooting guide within the game that says “is the save do not work play it from c:/synd/data folder”. So my question is how to setup storage to stimulate that folder?

I don’t use sd cards. Os is android 10 on huawei P40 lite

Al ex
    Keymaster

Usually, you’ll set the folder with your DOS games as root folder in Dosbox. In my case it’s this line (from expert settings, but you can also set it up in the GUI):
    mount c: /storage/0000-0000/Games/PC

Which means, I have a folder called “Games” on my sd card (/storage/0000-0000), in which I keep several subfolders (C64, Amiga, SNES, PC, etc.). So I mount /Games/PC as drive C in Dosbox. From there, I launch the game like I would do on a real DOS PC:
    cd synd
    main (<- that's the game exe file, I avoid .bat files whenever I can). No matter where you keep your game, the folder containing your "Synd" folder should be mounted as C:, do not mount "Synd" itself as C drive. I hope this makes sense. 😉

dredknight
    Participant

Thanks it did not work.

What i did is dl the syndicate to my computer, launched with dosbox made a save. then moved the synd back to the phone.
    Then it worked.

I think the problem was that the SAVE folder could not be created on the phone.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Huh, that’s a weird issue. But glad you could figure it out. 🙂

dredknight
    Participant

thanks! Btw where can i donate to get the donated version? I cannot find any info on the website.

Al ex
    Keymaster

It’s available on Google Play as a separate app. Compatibility and the complete Dosbox code are identical, but you get a lot more config options in the full version.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.