BT Game Controller Support

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Ok, updated on google play. Should be available over next 2 hours. Please could you check it? Please report how it works

I found another not very important issue. If you have none buttons in mapper and you press ‘x’ then mDosbox crashes. I’ll fix that in version 44, for now…don’t press it if there are none buttons:)

bgon74
    Participant

I will report as soon as I can…

bgon74
    Participant

I updated and all seems to be well. Thank you!

admin
    Keymaster

Cool, many thanks for report and test

admin
    Keymaster

Oh well, so today or tomorrow at morning will go out version 44. Controlling mouse with gamepad is broken, because of deep input handling rewrite. I just fixed it, but must be well tested. And I fixed that crash with ‘x’.

bgon74
    Participant

Just tested update on my end. Mouse is no longer at warp speed.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, v42 rewrite was really heavy and I didn’t notice some things during testing…

bgon74
    Participant

You have a bunch of people here who are trying to make DOS games run on their phones (and other devices) so, for me atleast. a few bumps in the road are not unexpected.

flamming_python
    Participant

Hiya again

Any chance of adding numpad binding support to the analogue sticks?
    I have a problem in the old Goldbox RPG games (Pools of Radiance, etc…), because movement of the characters is controlled via the numpad. I can rebind the keypad keys to them, but that doesn’t allow me to move diagonally, only up/down and left/right.

The other option I tried was binding my analogue sticks to the native 2-axis joystick; but I found that the sensitivity was way too high and I had no means of controlling it; dunno if that’s a fault of the emulator or my cheap BT controller.
    So numpad binding support would be ideal.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but analog stick supports keypad, it doesn’t work? You can set there any key you need and you can enable diagonals flag.

Edit : Aaaaaha, probably it uses number 7, 9, 1 and 3 for diagonals, right? You need 8 way joystick like has “Master of puppets”…Can you try first the virtual joystick? It works fine? If yes, then I can look at this.

Tony

flamming_python
    Participant

Yes exactly, I need the 7, 9, 1 and 3 keys for diagonal movement; the diagonals flag is not up to the task.

This morning I created a virtual 8-way joystick widget and assigned all its movements to the numpad – and lo and behold it worked as intended!

Would be fab if you could implement 8-way support for BT controller joysticks, or allow them to be binded to virtual joystick widgets.

admin
    Keymaster

All right, today is 16th and I have something to do now, but next week I’ll look at this. This will be last change to v46, because I want release it at beginning of December and I need some times for tests.

flamming_python
    Participant

Yay!

admin
    Keymaster

Question : what device you have? And what is it’s android version?

flamming_python
    Participant

Mlais MX Base 5.1, Android vers. 5.1, and my BT controller is an iPega PG-9028

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.