BT Game Controller Support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    NCirie
    Participant

Hello. I have tried twice to contact the dev with my question but have gotten no response back.

I am trying to use a Bluetooth controller with this app. I have searched here and on you tube and there is plenty of tutorials for virtual joystick support but no Bluetooth. Surely there must be a way to configure the controls? Can anyone share how this is done? I have tried to do this in voodoo and it will allow me to map each button/shoulder buttons and both analogs but when game runs, the only thing that seems to work is left analog.

I am trying to run this on a galaxy S6 with a phonejoy BT controller that is compatible with virtually any other emulator on the market and tons of games.

Can anyone help?

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

There are still some videos what I must create and guide for voodoo mapper is one of them. Well, voodoo mapper (sorry for that strange name;) has 3 tabs.

On first tab you bind buttons like A,B,X,Y,L1,R1. First press button ‘+’ and then press button on your gamepad. This adds pressed button to list of bounded buttons. Hit added button and pick what action it should do.

on second tab is mapper for axis Like dpad, left or right joystick, L2, R2…
    on third tab is tilt – probably more fun then usable

Don’t forget hit “Save” button at the end;)

Above is standard mapper functionality. Last version adds possibility bind dpad (on second page) to native 2axis gamepad – this must be enabled at startup first.

Best regards,
    Tony

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’ve got an iPega 9025, and it’s working without any issues. I can map every key/action to any gamepad button.
    Only thing I can think of atm: the dpad and both analog sticks are supported, but not all of them at once. The analog stick is recognized as dpad, so it’s possible to override a previous dpad configuration by configuring the analog stick afterwards.
    Or do you perhaps have some sort of gamepad control app that needs to be configured?

admin
    Keymaster

Left stick and dpad works both like dpad, but you can bind different action to each of them. In addition dpad can be be connected to native 2axis gamepad.

NCirie
    Participant

Thanks Alex for the response. No, I do not have any app that needs to be configured.

Here is a link to a pic of my phonejoy controller. It is very similar to the ipega. Can you possibly share the exact keyboard mapping I need to choose to map to game pad?

http://phonejoy.com/

NCirie
    Participant

I received directions from Tony and am trying to get clarification on these questions. Any help would be appreciated:

-I was able to get into setup.exe and choose keyboard+joystick, however, there is no “configure controller>joystick” option. Please advise where this is in setup.

-At beginning enable “Native 2axis gamepad” in game profile.”. Where is this located in Magic dosbox?

admin
    Keymaster

“game profile” is this what is added to main menu collection if you press “+”. Do longpress on added game in collection => shows game profile configuration

NCirie
    Participant

Tony, tried the vid and still having issues. Check your email.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes I sent you instructions, you are almost at the end

“Start game again and get to calibration (this what asks you for centering joystick)

Open Voodoo control at first page. Press ‘+’ and add all buttons of your physical gamepad to list. Then assign them to “Gamepad buttons” from picker menu. Switch to second page and scroll down to “dpad”. Switch “Keypad” to 2axis. Confirm.

Now you can continue with calibration.”

flamming_python
    Participant

What about mapping the native 2 axis gamepad to one of the joysticks?

Mapping it to the dpad doesn’t work that well for many games.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

I think this is not a problem, I’ll try look at this. Unfortunately I can’t add fully functional 2axis support now. Currently 2axis supports only edges -1,0,1. Values like -1.0, -0.99, -0.98, …0…0.98. 0.99, 1.0 must wait to version 41 or 42. But this year I want completely fix whole gamepad support.

Best regards,
    Tony

flamming_python
    Participant

Well that sucks. Whole point of an analogue joystick.

What about a left joystick mode that maps to the numpad values? i.e. up for 2, up-right for 3, etc…
    But its not that important. I can wait for full joystick support.

admin
    Keymaster

yes, in new version you can bind keypad to left and right joystick.

Edit : oh well, I added smooth 2axis for left joystick, tomorrow I’ll implement the same for right joystick. Now I can turn around in Duke3d slowly or quickly – depends on how much I push stick to side

flamming_python
    Participant

Wow talk about user-driven development.
    They ought to give you a medal or something 🙂
    Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

no problem, hope it will work fine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.