Betrayal in antara

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    M1ck3yb33
    Participant

Hey guys
    Bit of a noob

I have the 3 image files set up under a new game. All 3 images are set as d:/

I have selected the setup exe, and tried other exe files in the image but I keep getting the error this program must be ran in windows

How exactly do I go about getting this to go

SongJiang
    Participant

Hey !
    It is because this game is a Windows one. Not a Dos. You can’t run Windows games directly in magic dosbox.
    You can emulate Windows system in dosbox and install the game in this emulated Windows but it’s tricky. And I m not an expert at this. Wait for someone that can guid you to a great tutorial.
    I managed this trick for me following some tuts I don’t remember. And luck was with me because it’s working well but I don’t really know why and how… ?

Otherwise you can play Betrayal at Krondor. It’s a Dos game.

admin
    Keymaster

seems that game was originally made for win 3.1 and win95. Win95 is not easy, but win 3.1 is simple for installation.

M1ck3yb33
    Participant

Does magicbox emulate 3.1? Got a guide somewhere?

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, win3.1 works fine, you start it like other dos programs, nothing special. It can be installed from floppies. I think, something about win3.1 was written here on forum, you must search. But it is easy. In expert settings you mount all floppy images

it should be something like this, i did it only one time in the past, so i am not sure, but you can mount multiple images at one and then you switch images during installation with “change cd” button
    imgmount a: /sdcard/image1.ima /sdcard/image2.ima -t floppy

MinscandBoo
    Participant

I am also trying to get this game working I have win 9X The Fallout theme 1 from the tutorial videos I had the gog version but the drivers are updated for Windows 10 and says they need a newer version of Windows I got an older version and I just can’t

MinscandBoo
    Participant

I got this working pretty well with magic dosbox nd win 3.1 also edited one the game files after install its called resource.ini and changed allowresize=false to allowresize=true to makke it much bigger then with custom resize i have it true full screen in that same file you can change a few others like the title at the top of game enable direct draw and direct sound

Go for the eyes boo !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.