Benchmark

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

My S9+ has the Exynos 9810 chipset. As I said, you need to tweak the crap out of the device, Samsung completely messed up there. What I did:
    1. root
    2. installed GLTools
    3. set fake cpu profile 1 cpu core (thus locking Magic Dosbox to the first Mongoose core, running at 2.7 GHz)
    4. disabled power saving

Still, the results are very inconsistent. The cpu governor keeps downclocking the cpu even at moderate temperatures (<60°C), so my results are usually between 550-600.
    Performance governor is also completely broken on Exynos. It's only available in certain custom kernels, and it's highly unstable, too.

xTMODx
    Participant

Ok now im done with those benchmarks for my device Galaxy Note 8 SM-N9500 Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 🙂

Android 7.1.1
    interactive governor = ~1000
    performance governor = ~800

Android 8.0
    interactive governor = ~850
    performance governor = ~720

Android 9
    interactive governor = ~870
    performance governor = ~690

Edit: Btw Alex what app did you used to change the cpu profile to 1 core?

Al ex
    Keymaster

I used GLTools, and a custom kernel with performance governor enabled. That was incredibly buggy and crash-prone though, so I reverted to a rooted stock kernel.
    I’m getting about 550-600 realtics now.

Samsung’s kernel management is ridiculous, it keeps force downclocking the main core to 1.8 GHz instead of 2.7 GHz. No idea why they’re doing this, my cpu doesn’t heat up at all. ?‍♂️

xTMODx
    Participant

Ah GLTools i have read about it yesterday, but thought it was only usefull for GPU and not CPU. I am on stock kernel too right now but want to test a custom kernel out when it will be available because i need to set SELinux to permissive and test sixaxis controller app out, heard it can work when SELinux is set to permissive.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Sadly, GLTools has been pulled from Google Play, no idea why. And Sixaxis Controller doesn’t work with Oreo/Pie anymore, at least on my devices. 🙁
    I’m using a GameSir G4s controller (Xbox controller clone) with my phone. It’s good build quality, has a phone clip, and is working out of the box.

Mastore
    Participant

I’d love to know how you get 680 realtics with the Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Exynos. I have the exact same phone with no root or tweaks, and I can only get around 795 realtics…

Al ex
    Keymaster

It’s pretty unstable on the Exynos, results can vary greatly. A cool cpu and max performance settings do help, but still, I’m getting anything between 680, and 980.

With root access and a couple of tweaks, things get better, and potentially faster. But the benchmark app suffers badly fron the power saving issue that’s being discussed in another thread. Unless I’m lucky, or forcing performance with root access, the process keeps being offloaded onto the low power cpu cores, which results in rather high scores.

The Exynos 9810 is kind of a mixed bag for me. It’s capable of insane performance (I got as low as 425 realtics with the Doom timedemo in Magic Dosbox), but the instability of the scores is incredibly annoying.

Mastore
    Participant

Yeah, that makes sense. I’ve had as low as 740 once, but now 820 is the average. Quite annoying, to be honest. Maybe I’ll root my phone once the warranty expires, so I can get some better performance from it, like I used to do with my Galaxy S5. Thanks for your reply!

xTMODx
    Participant

btw if you add the benchmark to Samsung’s Game Launcher you can speed it up with the stock governor it wen from

interactive governor = ~870 –> ~810 with added to Game Launcher
    performance governor = ~690 –> ~690 with added to Game Launcher

Al ex
    Keymaster

Added the Galaxy A50 (Exynos 9610) to the list, full stock, no root, no tweaks.

acrosstheline1
    Participant

Sony Xperia Go (NovaThor U8500) – 3577

I thought that would easily break a record but then noticed that there was a Spreadtrum with an even worse result. 😀

Al ex
    Keymaster

Haha yes, that one’s mine. No clue what Samsung were thinking, the performance is obnoxious. ?
    It’s fitting these two devices are next to each other in the list now.

Ascended
    Participant

Samsung galaxy S10 plus(Snapdragon455-12GB) 514 was the best I got.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s amazing! I’ve added it to the list. ??

Ascended
    Participant

If I could only get Diablo 2 to run, I’ve managed to figure out a way to install windows 95 on a 2gb virtual drive and it runs perfectly in my device. Plays games like roller coaster Tycoon 2 perfect, however I haven’t managed to get Diablo 2 running, once installing the game + expansion and go to initiate the game I get a loading cursor and then nothing happens, if I press ctrl alt delete it shows Diablo 2 running in the background, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, very frustrating considering I’ve got a benchmark of 514?.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.