Archimedean Dynasty aka Schleichfahrt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    berndout
    Participant

Hi all,
    I want to do a mgc for this game. First of all: why tf has this game not being mentioned here yet?! 😉

Game introduction:

It is an awesome game even by todays standards. It runs perfectly on phone and is the best looking dos game i yet installed (and i tried so many last weeks). It is best being played with joystick, but surprisingly in runs smooth with touch. Actually even better than with pc keyboard.

It is a space simulation/action game but underwater. Closest probably is wing Commander Privateer (also have a mgc finished). It got a deep and immersive story and challenging gameplay. You should give it a try 😉

Profile:

So here my profile. I will update it more. I am just at the beginning of the story. Maybe make different profiles (or layers) for different ship models (huds) as i want to do with privateer.

Download

swipe left-right: keyboard
    swipe right-left: esc
    swipe down-up: show UI
    swipe up-down: hide UI

I think most buttons are self explaining, at least after you know they exist 😉 it is a simulation game, so there is a lot to do. Some buttons like “Nav” have another, similar function on double click.

I created a screenshot with some explanations.

Have fun

ui

ui

Al ex
    Keymaster

This forum bug is killing me. Seems to be more widespread, there are numerous people reporting this same issue on their forums. Working on it…

Anyway, thanks very much for your layout, it’s really very well done! ?

admin
    Keymaster

I removed akismet, plugin for controlling spams, we will see. Can you please try add post?

berndout
    Participant

Ok. I hope it works now!

It does and i even can edit!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Horay! ??
    Let’s hope it’ll last. ?

berndout
    Participant

Ok more about the game 🙂
    it starts to lag a bit in later mission, when there are more ships and stuff around. Any idea if i can boost it? Improve dosbox performance somehow? And it sucks a lot of battery. With low bat it really lags.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Depending on your phone, you might be able to activate a special performance, or gaming mode.
    Other than that, cycles=max 125% instead of just cycles=max, but that could possibly cause sound skipping issues.

berndout
    Participant

Yes game booster i tried.
    Isnt there anything in the expert settings of magic dosbox? Can’t i change resolution or so? Did not find an ini file in game folder to change.
    But actually there are some ingame settings. I will test a bit more. Its quite some technical game with 3dfx and so. And i just found out its one of the last games released on dos and thus quite demanding hehe

Al ex
    Keymaster

Game boosting apps are completely useless, they do nothing except shut down some background apps. And that’s something Android OS can handle very well on its own.
    Some phones have built-in, or at least vendor-provided tuning apps. On Samsung phones, you have the older (and better) Game Tuner for fine tuning cpu performance, on more recent OS versions only the Game Launcher, which offers a performance preset. This will keep the cpu at higher clockrates, and thus reduce downclocking at the expense of battery life. Dosbox utilizes only one cpu core, so it can suffer from automatic downclocking, or even downshifting to an energy saving core. The improvements can be huge, as you can see in the benchmark chart on this forum.

berndout
    Participant

Hmm sounds interesting. I try to find something. Btw my phone is xiaomi mi 2a. I think it’s pure android one phone..

And yes all these play store cleaner and booster are shit. Its just placebo, but sometimes placebo works ^^

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.