Animated buttons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rosski
    Participant

Hello, first Id like to say this app is amazing. Love playing my old games on my phone 🙂 🙂 🙂

I hate to ask for a feature request as you’ve already done so much. Great work.

My request is for animated keyboard buttons. So basically the option for an image when not pressed and a seperate image for when pressed. Also if possible a sound for pressed and unpressed too. That way I can get a picture of a Model M keyboard, get a blank key and make one for each button. Then for real nostalgic feel you could get that clicky keyboard sound. Each key sometimes has a slightly different click, so seperate sounds for each key would be so nice.

Lastly, if this feature was added, then if I was to position these keys together, would I need to set which key was on top? Maybe a function “move to top” would solve that?

Hope you like my idea, I would be happy to make you the keyboard buttons and sounds to add to your app. Just let me know

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, i think long time about adding second picture for long press. But how do you imagine it? Currently widget has two images – foreground and background. Isn’t better simple opacity set to 50% of normal key visibility?

Al ex
    Keymaster

I think the idea is to make it look like a real pc keyboard. So, normal XT keyboard keys (primary image), but when you press a key, it makes an oldschool click sound, and looks as if it was pressed down (secondary image). Right?

rosski
    Participant

oh… if thats the case, 100% opacity could work yea, can you set the opacity on keydown and keyup events seperately? for foreground image? that would be excelent. and a sound file for keydown and keyup would be cherry on the cake =D ?

rosski
    Participant

alex yea, that was my thinking. id only use the keys that the game needed and place them around the game window. cos i would shrink it to about 80% size and put keys around it. wud be epic.

the built in keyboard is very useful, i wondered if i can add a layer with all keys and toggle it on or off with a button. good for typing name on scoreboards etc without needing to go to menu, and if it had the old key skins it would feel proper retro you think? 😀

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, you can make keyboard like you need with new layer + key widgets. You can show existing magic dosbox keyboard with special widget.

I can imagine that you will switcg background images on press. I cant now say nothing to sounds, nice idea, I must search over android API

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.