Anbernic RG405M – Crash on setup.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sot010174
    Participant

Dear friends,

How are you today? So I’ve been enjoying Dosbox Magic for over a year now on my chinese portable consoles with no issues. I have the Powkiddy X18s and the Retroid Pocket 3+. All of them use a Unisoc T618 chip with 4GB of RAM. None of’em are rooted. I’ve just received a Anbernic RG405M and I’m having trouble installing MD (Paid). It downloads and installs fine from the Google App store. When I launch the app for the first time one of these results occur:

1 – If file access is unlocked for all files (it seems to be the default option for this device since it is always selected if no choice is made), I get the “direct files” message saying that its enabled. After pressing “forward”, the app crashes. If I try to launch again, it crashes immediately.

2 – If I switch to “media files only”, I get the prompt to select where the dos games are but, the “choose” button does nothing. No option to skip is available.

3 – If file access is blocked, I get the “DISABLED direct files” message and also the “choose” button also does nothing.

Is there anything that can be done? I’ve submitted feedback through Google Play store. Hope it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Kupao
    Participant

The current version needs the files to be installed inside <internal or sdcard>\Android\data\bruenor.magicbox or otherwise you won’t be able to get MDB see your files.

You might want to send an email to the admin as he can give you a beta version of MDB which works around Google’s storage restriction.

edit:
    Be careful with uninstallation. If ever you put your game files inside the Android folder of your device, make sure to move them elsewhere before uninstalling MDB (if you plan to). This is because uninstalling MDB will also delete the bruenor.magicbox folder which has your game files.

sot010174
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get around the problem – seems that merging the micro sd card with internal memory (formatting as “phone storage”) causes issues on this device. The latest problem I had was with Duckstation which wouldn’t import its BIOS for whatever reason. Formating the SD card as “portable storage” fixed all the issues I had. Seems Anbernic has done something wierd with this machine as all others I have are configured as “phone storage” with no issues.

I’ll happily join beta if it’s available.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.