Age of empires 1 not working because of low vram

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    LeoCT
    Participant

now the driver are installed but now i get this error

https://i.imgsafe.org/afda95e813.png

Al ex
    Keymaster

Dude, your Windows 95 installation is broken. This has nothing to do with Dosbox, and you’ll have to dig a bit deper to get things running, I fear.

OK, try this:

1. Use a Windows/Linux PC to set this all up first, because it’S much easier to handle! Once you got it running, copy the files to your phone/tablet.

2. Visit Roland Deschain’s xda-site

3. Download one of the 3 versions; to start with, I’d suggest version 3.0 (Win95-based); click on the sentence “2)c] Version 3.0 runs slightly faster since its based on win95 but only has DX8.0 support and therefore doesn’t run as many games as V1.0.
    Use this version to play games on a slower device that don’t require DX9C support.”

4. scroll down the page a bit further, and you’ll see the correct mountings for the hdd images. As you can see, I’m using the 512 MB setting for my C drive (Win95 installation only), and the 2GB settings for my D drive (ISO images and game installation folder.

5. Download this file, and unzip either the 1GB or 2GB hdd image. Be warned that although the download is very small (500 kb), it’s only because these images are empty. When you unzip the 2GB image, it will be 2GB in size!

The reason why I’m using a seperate D drive is, that I can copy/install ISO files/games to multiple D drive images, and exchange them.

Good luck! 🙂

LeoCT
    Participant

well well is not working(for me)

i followed the tutorial but on boot i get this:
    https://i.imgsafe.org/b11b25ab53.png

and it freez

Al ex
    Keymaster

You mounted drive C twice. At least that’s what it says. But apart from that, you seem to be pretty close. ?

LeoCT
    Participant

but the c drive is munted by dos box how i prevent it form mounting it?

admin
    Keymaster

please paste here you expert settings (dosbox config). I’ll fix mount paths

LeoCT
    Participant

[dosbox]
    machine=svga_s3
    memsize=16
    #Amount of video memory in megabytes (0-8).
    # The maximum resolution and color depth the svga_s3 will be able to display
    # is determined by this value.
    # 0: 512k (800×600 at 256 colors)
    # 1: 1024×768 at 256 colors or 800×600 at 64k colors
    # 2: 1600×1200 at 256 colors or 1024×768 at 64k colors or 640×480 at 16M colors
    # 4: 1600×1200 at 64k colors or 1024×768 at 16M colors
    # 8: up to 1600×1200 at 16M colors
    #vmemsize=2
    #Amount of video memory in kilobytes, in addition to vmemsize
    #vmemsizekb=0

[render]
    frameskip=2
    aspect=false

[cpu]
    core=dynamic
    #valid cputypes (Ykhwong SVN):
    # a)auto
    # b)386
    # c)486
    # d)pentium
    # e)386_prefetch
    # f)pentium_mmx
    cputype=auto
    cycles=3000

[mixer]
    blocksize=1024
    prebuffer=10
    rate=22050

[midi]
    mpu401=none
    #mpu401=intelligent
    mididevice=mt32
    mt32.romdir=/storage/emulated/0/
    mt32.thread=on
    mt32.analog=0

[speaker]
    pcspeaker=true
    pcrate=11025
    tandy=off
    disney=false

[sblaster]
    sbtype=sb2
    sbmixer=true
    oplmode=opl2
    oplemu=fast
    oplrate=22050

[ipx]
    ipx=false

[serial]
    serial1=disabled
    serial2=disabled
    serial3=disabled
    serial4=disabled

[dos]
    xms=true
    ems=true
    umb=true
    keyboardlayout=auto

[joystick]
    joysticktype=none

[autoexec]
    @Echo Off
    mount c: /mnt/sdcard/
    c:
    imgmount c: /sdcard/WIN95/c.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,16,520
    imgmount d: /sdcard/WIN95/hdd-2gb.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023
    boot -l c

Al ex
    Keymaster

Remove these two lines:

mount c: /mnt/sdcard/
    c:

(under “@Echo Off”). That’s where you mount your C drive for the first (superfluous) time.

LeoCT
    Participant

nope, dosbox still mount c in /storage/sdcard0/

screen:
    https://i.imgsafe.org/b4e53a9def.png
    https://i.imgsafe.org/b4e53d60a2.png

admin
    Keymaster

can you paste expert settings once again?

Btw, do you have expert settings enabled?

LeoCT
    Participant

well after a littlebit of playing whit the settings… i was finaly able of playing aoe 1 on my phone!!

Thanks to Alex for all the support

Al ex
    Keymaster

Glad you got it up and running! You know, you want to smash your phone against the wall sometimes during the process, but the moment when it’s finally working – that’s really satisfying, isn’t it!?
    ??

admin
    Keymaster

Good job:)

Cybertact
    Participant

Hey Alex .. Im New to this Dosbox software thingy .. recently i just went on a windows95 installation guide on magic dosbox and now i have my windows 95 running with every drivers install on my android phone.

So i was searching of a tutorial on how to install Age Of Empires 1 on Magic Dosbox.
    Could you teach me the full way to install it? Im a total noob when it comes to this so please help me out. I dont even know how to start. Cause literally don’t know how games installation works on MagicDosBox as im new to this. So please if you willing to help me , give me a full tutorial including what config to use for AOE1 and where to get them.

Pardon me for re-commenting on old threads but since I need lessons on how to install AOE1 and its in the right thread right? 😛

Al ex
    Keymaster

No problem. I don’t think there’s such things as necroposting here. Not a big forum, so most posts are quite old. 😉

The setup process is quite easy, actually, especially when you have already managed to install Win95. You simply download these hdd images. Then unzip the 2GB image, copy the AoE iso file to it, mount it as drive D, and run Win95. Best use either Virtual Clone Drive or a (very) old Daemon Tools version, mount the iso file as CD in Win95, install AoE to your C: or D: drive, and you’re good to go.
    I prefer to keep a small 512 MB C: drive, with only Win95 and some tools and drivers installed, and use multiple 2GB D: drives, to install all my games. This way, I can create lots of different game profiles with different touch screen layouts, and mount the according D drive hdd image.

WARNING: make sure you’re using the correct hdd settings, or Windows won’t boot up, or spam error messages. For the 2GB image, it’s 512,63,64,1023. These values are included for all sizes inside the zip file I’ve linked to above.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.