Reply To: Your best game

M4sterm4ge
Participant

I will list my DOS games I played back in the day too.

1. Dune – absolutely a great game. far ahead of its time. it’s the first game on Magic Dosbox I tried and it worked like a charm.

2. Dune 2 – 1st RTS game. played this a ton when I got it. Still working on getting it running on Magic Dosbox. controlls are bit fiddly and it sure shows its age. RTS has come a long way since it came out.

3. Master of Magic – fantasy Civ game.

4. Prince of Persia (1) – my very first game I ever played on a pc.

5. Warcraft series – Just great. fantasy Dune 2. Sign me up.

6. Transport Tycoon Deluxe – man, I played this game a lot. my railroad network was a piece of art (at least I thought so. 😉 )

7. Galactix / Raptor / Major Stryker – scrolling shoot-em-up with planes/spaceships.

8. Settlers 2 – I liked the beautyfull art and details of this game. Birds flying around, deer to be shot, trees cut down. Fond memories of an geologist finding a resources (“Yippie!”)

9. Disney platform games (Lionking/Aladdin) – just great for any kid who saw the movies for like 2635 times

Still a work in progress to get all of these working on Magic Dosbox on my Galaxy Tab 2. But getting there. They all startup and work. Now just getting the controls right to play them.