Reply To: Clicking buttons with relative mouse

xarx
Participant

OK, after watching some of your videos, now I understand how the “Mouse navigation with Duration set to ‘until button down’” works. It’s just a modifier key, like Alt.
So no, this is not what I need.

Edit: An analogy: Every widget can be set visually transparent. But concerning clicking, every widget swallows the finger touch and performs an action. What I need is to set a widget “transparent” for clicking, but currently there seems to be no widget that allows this. There are two candidates where this click-transparency can be implemented: either the Telescope widget which I was describing above, or the Mouse widget. The Mouse widget could be a better candidate, but the Telescope widget already provides the functionality, though not ideally. Below I’m trying to explain how to implement it in the Telescope. End of edit

Back to the Telescope widget streaming, then. I’ll try to explain better what I was asking for. Maybe it would be better if I sent you a .mgc file?

The streaming works exactly like I need it, but the adjustment of the widget is too complicated and fragile for the purpose of what I want to do. Normally when you use the widget, you stream image from source location to a diferent target location. And clicks are transfered in the opposite direction, from target to the source:

source                   target
    ---                      -----
   |   |   ---- image --->  |     |
    ---    <--- clicks ---  |     |
                             -----

(Target is the widget area, source is the Selection area.)
But I’m interested only in those clicks, hence I have set the vidget invisible. Moreover, I’ve set source and target identical, which has the effect that clicks occur at the exact point where finger touched the screen. And this is what I’m trying to achieve all the time. And I know no simpler method of doing that than this.

So, I’m asking you for a new option in the streaming setup, where the source is kept identical to the target, insread of being set manually as the Selection area. This would substantially simplify doing what I’m trying to achieve. If it is still unclear, I’ll try to make some screenshots, or I can send you the .mgc file.