Reply To: WIN3.1 AND WIN9.X GAMES

OleGamerUA
Participant

Virtual CloneDrive cannot play CDDA for some reason (maybe just in my case).

So here is how to install Daemon Tools 3.47 in Windows 95 (for experienced users):
[+] I’ve made these steps early in VirtualBox (you can try with your prepared Win95 images, but don’t forget about backup).
[+] Create a folder named “USB”, for example.
[+] Go to “other/updates/usb” folder on Win95CD, copy two files: “usbsupp.exe”, “usbupd2.exe” and paste them into just created “USB” folder.
[+] Create a folder named “DT”, for example.
[+] Go to “win95” folder on Win95CD, find win95_05.cab, copy a file from it named “riched32.dll” and paste it into just created “DT” folder.
[+] Go to “win95” folder on Win95CD, find win95_15.cab, copy a file from it named “winspool.drv” and paste it into “DT” folder.
[+] Find and download Daemon Tools 3.47, extract its installer in “DT” folder (there must be just “daemon347.exe” (492KB)).
[+] Find and download Internet Explorer 4.0, extract its installer in “DT” folder, then extract every extracted cabs/zips, then again extract every newly extracted cabs/zips from previous cabs/zips.
[+] Find and download Windows Installer 2.0, extract its installer in “DT” folder.
[+] Create ISO file, copy/paste “DT” and “USB” folders there.
[+] Run Win95 through VirtualBox with this ISO as a CD.
[+] Go to “USB” folder, install “usbsupp.exe”, reboot, install “usbupd2.exe” and reboot again.
[+] From “DT” folder copy “msi.dll” and paste it into “C:\Windows\System” folder.
[+] Go to “DT” folder, install “daemon347.exe”, reboot.
[+] Enjoy using Daemon Tools and say thanks to VOGONS forum for a lot of useful information 🙂

But it is still impossible to play CDDA 🙂

Also, Windows became more unstable after these manipulations, so I don’t recommend anyone to replace Virtual CloneDrive with Daemon Tools at this moment, but you can install it for tests in another Win95 image.

Any ideas how to make CDDA work in Windows 95 through Magic DOSBox?