Reply To: Settlers 2

admin
Keymaster

Hello,

I can check the game. I think I tried it in the past and absolute mouse was not working. It has the same issue like Albion. Unfortunately not all games supports absolute mouse and are playable only with relative mouse.

I will try that and will see.

Tony

***EDIT***
Yes, unfortunately the game manipulates with cursor which breaks absolute mouse.

It’s because old games are not made for absolute coordinates, only for relative and dosbox does not know mouse coordinates – because game is not reporting them to dos system. Dosbox is faking absolute coordinates using relative. For example : you touch somewhere on screen and dosbox calculates how far it was from last point. Dosbox then shifts mouse based on this difference. But if game re-sets (not you) mouse position then absolute mouse become broken.

This can be seen if you click on terrain. A popup window is shown and game sets cursor to middle of this pop-up. Or if you close this popup then game moves cursor a bit down.

Several games have bad mouse resolution. This can be fixed in advanced settings->manual mouse resolution. But it is not working for this game.

Unfortunately you must use relative mouse:(

>the most annoying issue i have is that the cursor does not reach all edges of the game.
I see it. I don’t know but looks like game should work this way. Should be fine to check it on PC.